April 17, 2014

Escape for good

I'm a city boy. I love people. I love to watch them walk by, to lock eyes, to connect with one another, to share a smile. Sometimes, I'll sit on the side of the road with my girlfriend and watch people for hours. Why do I love cities? Maybe it's the easy access to street food, to movement, to energy. I love the anonymity of big cities especially in Asia where I'm not expected to understand the language. I am in a bubble. It is a safe space where my thoughts can flow.


Communication is considered paramount and necessary for a happy life. I'm not sure if I agree. I find anonymity to be one of the greatest gifts in my life. It is the space left over that allows to brain to flourish. I am my thoughts. I am not my body. I am not my spirit. If I could eliminate the human parts of life, I would. Emotions get in the way. Hunger and the need for sleep are simply distractions. Eliminating them is possible in waves.

Other people are the major cause of the loss of time that could be spent on ideas. Of course, to enhance the world, ideas must be put to work. This can be done by someone other than the idea person. If competition were eliminated, tasks could be divided creating vast efficiencies. Those with skills in one area would not waste their time toiling in areas where they do not excel. The energy and time saved would accelerate invention, progress, and innovation.

Tragedy is wasted effort that does not provide added value. Selective separation is a method for eliminating observation of others which causes people to copy the patterns of others. As information is continuously shared online, people working individually are superior to groups which cause distraction and reliance on others to produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment